macOS Ventura: What you need to know about Mac update
Install macOS Ventura: How it works
The update is now available for all compatible Macs . Your device should therefore automatically report via an overlay that an update is available. Then you can simply follow the instructions. If you don't get a notification, here are short instructions on how to upgrade anyway:
1. Call up the system settings via the apple menu in the header bar.
2. Click on "Software update" and wait a moment.
3. The Mac should report that an update is available for your Mac.
4. Click on "Update Now" and follow the further instructions on the screen.
5. Depending on the speed of your internet connection, the download can take a long time. The update file is approximately 12 GB in size.
6. The update process then starts, which takes between 30 and 60 minutes. In the end, the Mac will reboot and greet you with the new version of the operating system.