On YouTube you will find countless entertaining and informative videos on a wide variety of topics. In this guide, we explain how you can upload a YouTube video yourself.
If you want to upload a YouTube video, you have two options. Either you upload it directly from your smartphone to the platform or you first copy the video from your recording device to a PC or Mac and load it onto the video platform with your browser.
The first method is useful if you recorded the video with your smartphone and want to upload it to YouTube without major adjustments. If, on the other hand, you want to edit your recorded smartphone video or you recorded the video with a camera, then it is worth uploading your material from a PC or Mac to the video platform. This gives you more editing and editing options.
Upload YouTube videos from mobile
Videos can be uploaded directly from the YouTube app on mobile phones. Picture:
If you want to upload your video quickly and easily directly from your smartphone to YouTube, proceed as follows.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Tap on the big plus button in the middle of the bottom bar and then on "Upload video".
- Select the video you want to upload on your smartphone and tap "Next".
- Enter a descriptive title and, if applicable, a description. You can also add the video to a playlist here and save a location.
- Under "Visibility", specify whether your video should be "Public", i.e. accessible to everyone, "Unlisted" or "Private".
- Under "Visibility" you can also release the video at a specified time.
- On the Set Visibility screen, press the back arrow
- In the menu with the video, title, description, etc., press the "Next" button.
- Select the audience of the video.
- Press the "Upload video" button.
- Your upload begins.
Smartphone deals Buy now at
Upload YouTube videos from PC/Mac
On the PC, YouTube offers more options when uploading videos via the browser.
Uploading to a PC or Mac offers the advantage of being able to use a physical keyboard to enter the information. You can also access other cutting and editing options via the YouTube website. Proceed as follows on PC or Mac.
- Open your browser and navigate to "www.youtube.com"
- Sign in with your account. You can only upload videos as a registered user. If you don't have an account yet, you can also create a new account on the site.
- Press the "Create" button in the top right corner, next to the notification bell. He looks like a stylized camera with a plus inside.
- Select "Upload Video".
- Click "Select Files" and select your video from disk. Alternatively, you can drag and drop it into the window. The video is uploaded and processed in the background.
- Enter a title and a description. You can also upload a thumbnail or set a still image from the video for it.
- Also specify whether the video should go straight into one of your playlists and whether it's made specifically for kids or is age restricted.
- When all settings have been made, click on "Next".
- Now you can add video elements such as subtitles, credits or info cards to further video recommendations. Then click on "Next" again.
- Recently, the "verification" that YouTube carries out automatically appears at this point. If there are no problems here, click on "Next".
- In the last menu "Visibility" you can specify whether your video is only visible to you and selected users, is not listed (only accessible directly via the video link) or is public for everyone. You can also plan a publication date at this point. "Save" will share the video on YouTube.
- YouTube videos can be uploaded directly from the smartphone via the YouTube app or from the browser on the PC/Mac.
- In the browser, YouTube offers more options and settings directly when uploading.
- You call up the dialog for uploading in the app with the big plus in the bottom menu line, in the browser the button for this is located at the top right and looks like a camera with a "+" in it.