Every time you connect your Xiaomi mobile to the computer, the system asks you what you want to do next. The question itself does not take much time, but there are users who are looking for immediacy. Therefore, they need the mobile to be ready to transfer data after connecting . If you count yourself among these people, you will be pleased to know that the MIUI settings allow you to change the default USB configuration of your Xiaomi.
Change the default USB settings on your Xiaomi
The way to change the default USB settings on your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO is in the developer options . The developer menu is a hidden section of MIUI that allows you to make changes at a deeper level.
You can activate the developer options through Settings > About phone and pressing 7 times continuously on the MIUI version . Then, just go to the additional settings section to access the developers menu.
Once inside, you just have to slide towards the network area. There you will find the option to change the default USB settings of your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO.
After entering the USB configuration, you are presented with several options on the screen:
- File transfer: It allows you to transfer all kinds of documents, images, videos, compressed files and more.
- USB connection: Its operation is similar to that of the mobile access point. It allows you to share the Internet of your data plan with your computer through a USB connection.
- MIDI: It is a standard that allows musical instruments, mobile phones and computers to connect with each other to establish communication.
- Photo Transfer (PTP): Standard design exclusively for transferring photos. The device will recognize the mobile as if it were a camera.
- No data transfer: The mobile only takes advantage of the connection as a means to recharge its battery. You are not allowed to transfer files.
Simply select any of the displayed options for your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO to recognize it as its default USB configuration . Thus, every time you connect the mobile to another device, the function you have chosen will be the one that is executed. In this way, you avoid more questions from the system and save valuable time.
Of course, Xiaomi is explicit in reminding you that the system questions are there to prevent foreign devices from hijacking your data . For this reason, try to connect with USB only on trusted computers or laptops.
Developer options open up a whole world of possibilities. They not only allow you to change the default USB settings of your Xiaomi but also modify the buffer size for more fluidity . Find other similar MIUI tricks by following us on social networks and joining our general chat on Telegram.