The adjustments that you can carry out in MIUI, in order to improve the operation of your Xiaomi, are countless. The customization layer offers multiple settings that, with very little effort, will allow you to keep your device at its most optimal level .
MIUI gives you the possibility to make your mobile much more fluid , with some adjustments that were surely completely unknown to you . Today's list are quite simple adjustments, not very hidden, and that can improve the performance of your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO a little more. So pay close attention and take note, because this is what you should do.
1. Cut calls with the power button
Has it ever happened to you that you have to talk on your mobile and, when you hang up, a thousand and one obstacles occur? The mobile locks up, the touch panel does not respond, you make a mistake with the security pattern, everything is terrible. What to do about it? Well very simple. Activate the function of cutting calls with the power button that MIUI offers you.
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Accessibility .
- Go to the Physical tab.
- Activate the kill switch with the power button .
Yes, it's that simple. Now, every time you want to hang up a call, you just have to press the power button and that's it, problem solved. It is a very simple adjustment that undoubtedly improves the operation of your Xiaomi.
2. Avoid automatic system downloads to improve the performance of your Xiaomi
A very easy and effective setting to execute is to disable automatic update downloads of the operating system. Why? Because this function is constantly searching for a new update , which consumes battery power.
- Go to Settings > About phone .
- Click on the icon of your MIUI version . It is located next to the name of the device and the storage unit.
- Press the three vertical dots located in the upper right corner.
- Access the update settings .
- Uncheck the Automatically download box.
Once disabled, the search process will switch to manual mode, so you can decide when system updates should be downloaded.
3. Get rid of the wallpaper carousel
Wallpaper carousel is one of those apps that can look pretty and everything you want. However, its intrusion into the system is such that it makes the experience much heavier. The carousel is a tool that consumes battery , and sometimes it can also slow down the mobile . So, to improve the performance of your Xiaomi, get rid of that app.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications .
- Find the Wallpaper Carousel app.
- Click on uninstall .
If, on the other hand, you prefer to disable it, then all you have to do is go to Settings > Lock screen . Here, head over to the wallpaper carousel section and turn off the main switch .
4. Disable RAM extension to improve the performance of your Xiaomi when playing games
Is it advisable to disable RAM extension ? Well, the answer depends on how you use your device. If you are a person who uses it mainly for gaming, it is best to disable the RAM extension. This function, in some cases, tends to hinder the gaming experience by causing low fps , slowdowns and more .
- Go to Settings> Additional settings> Memory extension .
- Deactivate the function switch.
5. Mute the multimedia content when the mobile is in silent mode
Silent mode, unlike Do not disturb mode , is responsible for silencing all mobile notifications . However, the multimedia sounds continue to work.
What if you are in class, you see a story on Instagram and the audio is heard at full volume? It's an embarrassing moment no one wants to go through. Therefore, it is better that you activate the function of muting the multimedia when the device is in silent mode (MIUI 13):
- Go to Sound and vibration .
- Head over to the Silent Mode section.
- Turn on the Mute media switch in Silent mode .
Of course, it should be noted that this function is not available on all Xiaomi devices . If this is the case, activate Do Not Disturb Mode or manually lower the volume. Did you know some of these tricks? leave us your impressions in the general chat on Telegram of XIAOMIADICTOS and tell us what other MIUI adjustments you would like to see on the web.