Amazon's Audible offers you a large number of audio books for download. However, the service is only free for the first 30 days. Fortunately, if you want to cancel Audible immediately after the trial month or later, you can do so at any time. We'll tell you how to end the subscription.
Terminate Audible: You have to know that beforehand
You will keep your purchased audio books even after you cancel. Image: © Screenshot 2021
Of course, you can also use Audible without a subscription and pay the regular price for audiobooks. For many, however, a subscription is the best option, in which one audiobook can be bought monthly for free and all others at a discount. The Audible subscription is free for the first month and then costs 9.95 euros per month. Fortunately, if you want to cancel Audible after the trial month, you can do so at any time, there is no notice period. The audiobooks you have bought will also be retained. Only existing credit on the service expires – so you should spend this before canceling.
How to end the Audible subscription
If you want to cancel your Audible subscription, the easiest way is via the Amazon subsidiary's online cancellation assistant. This website, which you can use both mobile and from your desktop computer, guides you step by step through the termination:
- Go to "My Account" in the termination assistant
- Click on "Cancel subscription now" under the text box with the current subscription information
- Choose a reason for cancellation
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you confirm with "Complete cancellation"
You can then see the confirmation of the termination under "My Account". You should also receive a confirmation of termination by email. If this is not the case, you have to assume that there was a problem and your wish to terminate has not been received.
Problems with termination: Help is available here
If you have not received a cancellation confirmation or have other questions about cancellation, you can contact the Audible team at any time using the contact form. The employees in Germany can be reached by phone or chat every day from 6 a.m. to midnight. Alternatively, you can send an email to support. According to the company, the processing time is up to 48 hours.
Alternative to termination: pause subscription
If you do not want to use Audible for a longer period of time, but do not want to cancel the service, it is worth taking a break from subscribing. Image: © Screenshot 2021
Did you know that you don't necessarily have to cancel your Audible subscription if you don't want to download a free audiobook in a month and don't want to pay for it? The Amazon service also allows you to pause your subscription. This is possible over and over again for up to three months at a time. It is only important that there is a month between two subscription breaks by paying the subscription price of 9.95 euros again. To pause your Audible subscription, also contact customer service .
- Amazon's audiobook service is only free for the first month
- A subscription with a free monthly audio book and reduced download prices then costs 9.95 euros per month
- The subscription can be canceled at any time, there is no notice period
- Existing credit expires upon termination, downloaded audiobooks remain in the library
- The best way to terminate is to use the online termination assistant
- If you have any questions or problems with the termination, contact the service's support
- An alternative to termination is a subscription break, which can last up to three months at a time