Our smartphone has become the main tool of the day to day. We usually store all kinds of personal and compromising information, so carrying out certain security measures is absolutely essential .
If you suspect that your Xiaomi could be compromised or vulnerable, here are three quick and easy ways to know if your Xiaomi is safe from viruses and malware .
Run an analysis with the Security app
The Security application is MIUI's main line of defense against viruses and other malicious software. The Security app has recently been updated to improve its usability and provide greater protection . To start a security scan, just follow these steps:
- Enter the Security application.
- Click on Security Analysis.
- In case you throw a problem, such as a pending update, fix it immediately .
Check your apps with Google Play Protect
Play Protect is the security layer offered by Google in the Play Store. This practical tool is in charge of analyzing all the applications that you have downloaded from the official Android store and later installed on your device. To perform a scan with Play Protect, just follow these steps:
- Enter the Google Play Store application store.
- Click on your profile icon. This is in the search bar, in the upper right corner.
- Then press “ Play Protect ”.
- Click on " Analyze " so that Play Protect analyzes all the applications that you have installed from the Google Play Store.
Using third party software: Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes is one of the best known security programs in the world . This application for mobile devices offers protection against various malicious software such as adware, ransomware, malware and other threats.
Its operation is quite intuitive, it has a free version and it does not affect the performance of your device . To run a security scan with Malwarebytes, just follow these steps:
- Download and install Malwarebytes from the Google Play Store .
- Launch the Malwarebytes application.
- Click on " Analyze now ".