There are so many customization options that MIUI offers us that sometimes they can surprise us. In fact, it is not a lie when we tell you that from the MIUI settings you can change practically everything on your Xiaomi mobile .
From the icons in the notification bar to the transition effects on the main screen. The only limitation is your imagination. The MIUI functions, in conjunction with the various Android tools that each device integrates, form an impressive combination. If what you are looking for is to make the most of the settings of your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO mobile , then continue reading.
Learn how to change the battery icon
The battery icon is probably one of the most viewed by users. In the day to day it is essential to know how much charge the device has , or if the saving mode is activated.
The MIUI customization layer allows you to change the battery icon for three different alternatives : one with the percentage and the separate icon, another with the percentage inside the battery, and another with the icon completely alone.
If the default icon does not suit your tastes, then follow these simple steps to change it to another one offered by MIUI:
- Go to Settings> Notifications and Control Center> Status bar .
- Go to the bottom of the menu and select " Battery Indicator ."
- Then choose the battery icon that best suits your tastes.
Change MIUI icons to Android icons
MIUI has its own icons in the notification bar. However, from the settings of your device you can change them for the native Android icons . These icons stand out for their monochrome appearance, which is also customized by Xiaomi.
The notification bar is divided into two sections. One dedicated to showing the status of the battery, Internet connectivity and mobile signal. On the other side, next to the time, the notification icons appear . To change the appearance of these icons, you just have to follow these steps:
- Go to Settings .
- Go to Notifications and Control Center .
- Click on " Notification bar ."
- Next, select the Android notification style. If you want to return to the MIUI icons, you just have to take this same route and make the relevant selection .
Don't like the default browser? As well as change it
Xiaomi mobiles come with Google Chrome and Mi Browser as pre-installed browsers . If you want to set any of these as the default option, MIUI gives you the ability to do so.
It is normal that the first time you open a browser, it asks you if you want it to be your default browser. If you want to change your option, you just have to follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> Applications> Manage applications .
- Go to the upper right corner and click on the icon with the three vertical dots .
- Click on " Default applications " or " Default applications ."
- Scroll down to the " Browser " section and select the browser of your choice. Once established, that browser will be the one that opens when you click a link.
Spice up your home screen by changing transition effects
The MIUI customization layer has numerous functions. Many of these are unknown to the vast majority of users.
For example, MIUI allows you to change the transition effect with which you move from one screen to another . In fact, you have to choose up to 7 different effects to give a more personal touch to your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO device.
To customize the way you navigate between your different screens, just follow these simple steps:
- From the home screen, press and hold an uncluttered section of the screen for a few seconds .
- Then, press the " Settings " button that appears in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click on " Transition Effects ."
- Select any of the 7 available effects.
Sleep better with Sleep Mode
Rest mode, or also known as bedtime mode, is one of the many tools that Android integrates in Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO mobiles. This particular function allows you to automatically silence the device , color the interface in black and white to avoid blue light damage and improve sleep hours .
This function is ideal for those who are dedicated to looking at their mobile before going to sleep, since the black and white coloration prevents the brain from being alert by the intense colors. In the same way, it is also of great help when waking up, since the brightness does not represent any problem for the vision while the sleep mode is active.
Activating the bedtime mode is quite easy, and you can do it from your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO by following these steps:
- Go to Settings> Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls
- Once inside the menu, press " Bedtime mode " or " Sleep mode " to start configuring it.
- After activating the sleep mode, you can choose which notifications you want to silence, set an activation time, and activate the black and white coloring.
That's how fast you can turn on the flashlight of your Xiaomi
The shortcuts are another of the strengths of the MIUI customization layer. Through these quick routes, different functions of the mobile can be activated, such as turning on the flashlight without having to unlock the device .
The common thing is to access the home screen, open the control center and activate the flashlight . However, if you need to light up a dark environment as quickly as possible, then quick access is a good idea. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> Additional settings> Gesture shortcuts (Button shortcuts)
- Once inside the menu, go to the section " Turn on flashlight ."
- Check the box " Double tap the power button ."
In this way, in moments of trouble, you only have to press the power button twice to activate the flashlight of your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO. If you want to turn it off, just press the power button two more times .