The MIUI camera has evolved in such a way that it no longer only allows us to take conventional photographs and videos. In addition, it has several modes that make it much more productive than we could imagine a priori.
In order for you to know the Camera application in greater depth, below we have compiled up to five functionalities of the camera of your Xiaomi that will undoubtedly be useful on more than one occasion , either to scan a document or to achieve a more effect. creative in your photographs.
1. Scan documents and QR codes
MIUI's camera hides more secrets than we could imagine. Among its different modes and functionalities we find the possibility of scanning documents , which also offers us a fairly high quality result. To access this mode you will only have to follow the steps in the following image.
But it does not finish here. If you start the camera of your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO and scan a QR code, a new icon will appear in the lower right part that will take you to the information provided by said code . All this without the need to install third-party applications.
2. You make small videos with all kinds of effects (VLOG)
As can be seen in the video, the MIUI camera has a VLOG mode that allows us to make small videos full of effects. This mode will guide us through an interface that is quite simple to understand and through which we will be recording small fragments of video.
As a result, each fragment will be joined to the next by a transition effect , combining the different sound effects in turn . To be able to access this mode, simply follow these steps:
- Go to Camera app> More> VLOG
- Once inside, we will select the VLOG effect that we like the most
3. Search the internet from the object we are focusing on
MIUI's camera integrates Google Lens. In this way we can search the Internet for information relevant to the object, poster, animal or any other element that we focus on . To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Enter the Camera application and then click on the Google Lens icon as shown in the image.
- After that we will enter Google Lens mode and we will only have to focus on that object, landscape, building, etc. we want to find information about.
4. Get amazing results with the diorama effect
Among the different effects or modes that the MIUI Camera application offers us, we find the diorama effect. Thanks to this we will be able to give a different touch to our photographs, especially those of landscapes, cities or buildings , achieving in some cases a "model" effect.
To activate this mode in the camera of your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO, you just have to follow these steps:
- Go to the camera and access the « Photo « mode
- Once done, through the three upper lines we will access the options menu, among which we will find the « Diorama effect «
5. Get the photos to take up half the space
Xiaomi has been adding in some of its smartphones, especially in the higher-end ones, support for the HEIF image format. This, in addition to having a very good image quality and offering greater editing flexibility, has a much higher compression than JPG .
By activating this format in the camera of your Xiaomi you will achieve that the photographs occupy less than half the space , all without losing quality. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Go to the camera and access the Settings from the upper right menu.
- Activate the option « HEIF format «