Would you like to cancel Kindle Unlimited? Then we will tell you step by step how to end your subscription.
The Kindle Unlimited book flat rate is practical and cheap at the same time – but the monthly subscription is automatically extended even if you may not be able to read for a few weeks or months. In this case, you should cancel Kindle Unlimited in order to save you the monthly costs. This can be done easily and directly via your Amazon account.
How to cancel your Kindle subscription
- Call up this Amazon page and log in with your access data.
- In the "Manage Membership" section, click the "Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership" entry.
- Now select "cancel membership".
- Your membership now runs until the end of the current billing month. Your access to your borrowed content will then automatically expire. This also applies to the content that you have downloaded via the Kindle app. Canceling Kindle Unlimited and keeping books will not work.
Of course, you can book Kindle Unlimited again later at any time for 9.99 euros per month. By the way: You can cancel Kindle Unlimited at any time, access to your content always ends on the billing date. This does not necessarily have to correspond to the current calendar month, but rather depends on the date from which you subscribed to Kindle Unlimited.
If you decide again for a paid Kindle Unlimited subscription at a later point in time, your content will be back and of course also synchronized. That means: the system remembers your reading progress, even without an active subscription.
- You can cancel Kindle Unlimited at any time in your Amazon customer account.
- The termination takes effect at the end of the current billing period and is possible on a monthly basis.
- After the termination takes effect, you will lose access to the borrowed content, including what you may have downloaded.
- The billing period does not run per calendar month, but is individual depending on the start of the subscription.