If you want to reset a Google Home Mini, there is a very simple process that takes little more than 15 seconds. We'll tell you what to do.
There can be various reasons to reset a Google Home Mini: For example, if you want to set up the device again, want to use it in another household or if a problem arises with it. The reset always works in the same way.
Resetting the Google Home Mini: step by step
Resetting the Google Home Mini does not work either by voice command or via the app on the smartphone. Instead, you have to take a closer look at the device yourself.
- On the bottom of the Google Home Mini, look for a small button below the USB port.
- Press this button and hold it down for at least 15 seconds.
- The Google Assistant should inform you that the reset is being carried out.
- Release the button as soon as you hear a short ringtone.
The tiny reset button is located under the USB port on the bottom. Image: © 2017
After this short procedure, the loudspeaker reboots and is reset to the factory settings. It can now be paired again via the home app on the smartphone.
Reset Google Home: This is how it works with the big brother
If you don't have a Google Home Mini but the larger Google Home at home, resetting works almost the same as with the small model.
- On the back of the Google Home, find the button with the crossed-out microphone.
- Press and hold the button for at least 15 seconds.
- The Google Assistant should indicate that you are about to reset the device.
- As soon as you hear a short ringtone, the process is complete and you can release the button again.
The button is on the back of the "large" Google Home. Image: © 2017
After the process is finished, the Google Home restarts and can be set up again via the Home app on the smartphone.
Reset Google Nest Mini: Here's how it works with the successor
In the case of the Google Nest Mini, the successor to the Home Mini, the manufacturer has modified the reset process a little.
- Use the switch on the side to switch the microphone to "mute".
- Wait for the four lights on top of the Nest Mini to come on.
- Press the center of the light sensor with your finger and hold it down for at least 15 seconds.
- After a few seconds, the Google Assistant will tell you that you are about to reset the Nest Mini.
- Wait for a short ring tone, then release the light sensor
With the Nest Mini, you have to put your finger in the middle of the light sensor on top. Image: © Google 2019
Google Nest Mini Buy Now at
Resetting the Google Home Mini works on the device itself by pressing a button on the device for at least 15 seconds. A beep tells you when the reset is complete.