Four options that you should activate on your Xiaomi as soon as you buy it
MIUI is packed with features of all kinds. And no, we are not only talking about customization settings, but also about small options that you should undoubtedly activate on your Xiaomi as soon as you buy it.
Although, most of us, the first thing we usually do is install the most common applications, before doing so, you should activate certain MIUI options that will undoubtedly improve your day-to-day life or that could even save you in emergency situations.
In view of this, below we have compiled four MIUI options that you should definitely activate on your mobile device , be it a Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO. Thanks to these, the user experience will improve and you will be warned against certain events.
1. Protect yourself against loss or theft
The first option that we should activate in our Xiaomi as soon as we buy it is the synchronization with Xiaomi Cloud and especially the « Find device « functionality. Thanks to this we can locate our smartphone if we have lost it or even if it has been stolen .
To activate this option, we will only have to carry out the following steps:
- Go to Settings> Mi Account> Xiaomi Cloud
- Once inside we will activate the option « Find device «. In general, we usually have this option active by default.
2. Receive the new updates as soon as possible
Having our smartphone updated is essential in order to maintain our privacy and security . For this, MIUI has a small adjustment that allows us to receive updates as soon as possible. To do this, we will only have to carry out the following steps:
- Go to Settings> My device (About phone)> System updates
- Once inside, click on the three points in the upper menu and access « Update settings «.
- Then we will only have to activate the option « Receive updates before «.
3. SOS, a way that could save your life
Among the hidden options that Xiaomi integrates in MIUI we find the emergency SOS mode. This is capable of sharing our location in real time and sending a text message to a family member in case we need it when faced with an emergency situation.
Once we activate this mode, it will only be enough to quickly press the power button of our Xiaomi 5 times to start its operation. Of course, before we must activate it in the following way:
- Go to Settings> Password and security> Emergency SOS
- Once inside we will only have to activate the option « SOS emergency» . After activating it, we will be asked to set at least one of our contacts as an emergency contact.
4. Pocket mode, avoid accidental keystrokes and improve consumption
Last but not least we find the pocket mode. This allows us to prevent our smartphone from turning on accidentally after inserting it in our pocket or backpack, in turn improving energy consumption by preventing the screen from turning on by itself.
To activate this mode we will only have to carry out the following steps:
- Go to Settings> Lock screen
- Once inside we will activate the option « Pocket mode ».