Would you like to mute WhatsApp and receive fewer notifications in individual chats, groups or on status? Here you can find out how it works.
Mute WhatsApp notifications
You can mute notifications of individual and group chats in WhatsApp for a certain period of time. You will then still receive messages sent to the individual or group chat, but your smartphone will not vibrate or make a sound when messages are received.
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Tap the name of the chat partner or group to go to Contact Info or Group Info.
- Tap on "Mute" in the list and select the duration of the mute period (8 hours, 1 week, always).
- To unmute, tap Mute again and select Mute.
Completely mute WhatsApp
If you wish, you can completely switch off the notifications in WhatsApp:
- Go to "Settings> Notifications" in WhatsApp.
- For messages and group messages, choose whether you want to see notifications and hear a tone.
- In-app notifications can also be muted here.
Mute WhatsApp status
Do you want to mute the status of a specific contact? It works like this:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on "Status".
- Tap and hold the contact's status message.
- Tap on "Mute".
- To unmute, you just have to press and hold the status in the "Silent messages" list again and then select "Mute off".
- In WhatsApp you can mute notifications for individual and group chats, all notifications and the status message from certain contacts.
- This works with a few simple settings.