If you take a screenshot of a website with your iPhone, you will only ever see the section currently visible on the display. But did you know that you can take a screenshot of a complete website with just a little trick? Here you can find out how to do it.
Screenshot on the iPhone: the basics
The normal procedure for taking a screenshot with the iPhone is as follows:
- iPhone with home button : press the power button and home button at the same time
- iPhone without home button : press the side button and volume up button at the same time
A screenshot is taken on an iPhone without a home button. Image: © Apple 2020
This is how a screenshot works on an iPhone with a home button. Image: © Apple 2020
If you have taken such a screenshot, it appears as a small preview image and can then be edited or deleted again directly.
Take a screenshot of a whole page
Many iPhone users may not know and have therefore always taken screenshots of web pages in the past piece by piece. However, since iOS 13 there has been the option to take a screenshot of an ENTIRE website.
An important point in advance: This option is only available in the Apple Safari browser . Unfortunately, it is not possible to take screenshots of entire websites in Chrome, Edge or any other app.
That's how it works:
- Open Safari and navigate to the website you want to take a screenshot of.
- Take a screenshot as described above.
- Now comes the crucial point: Open the preview of the screenshot, which appears in the lower left corner and then tap on the option "Whole Page" (see photo below). "Screen" is always selected here by default.
- If you select the "Whole Page" option, you will also see a bar on the right-hand side of the screen that you can use to scroll through the entire website again.
- Warning: Unlike "normal" screenshots, screenshots of entire websites are not stored in the Photos app.
- Tap on "Done" in the top left when you are happy with the screenshot.
- Then select "Save PDF in 'Files'" and then select the folder in which the screenshot should be saved. Then tap on "Save".
- You can then view or forward the screenshot of the entire website as a PDF.
If you want to screenshot a complete website, you have to select "Whole Page". Image: © Apple / Screenshot 2021
- You can also take screenshots of entire websites on the iPhone.
- However, this option is only available in the Safari browser.
- The function is not available in other apps.
- Create a screenshot as usual, but then select the "Whole Page" option and then save the screenshot as a PDF.