After bringing you the GCam 8.0 , the new GCam 8.1 is now available for download and installation and can also be done at any Xiaomi . A new MOD of the famous Google Camera that also brings with it several new features.
As you already know, for many the GCam application is essential, especially in low light photography. Its numerous parameters, as well as its night mode, make it the best alternative to Xiaomi's camera .
This new version, GCam 8.1 , integrates everything from the previous versions, adding a new user interface and a new storage saving mode.
Download GCam 8.1, first impressions on the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and POCO X3 NFC
This port, developed again by Urnyx , brings with it all the news included in Google's GCam launched for the Pixels. You can download GCam 8.1 from this link and the most important changes and improvements that we find in this version 8.1.008 :
- All necessary corrections for the first start are added.
- Added a system to correct saturation on devices with muted colors
- An option is added to disable follow focus .
- An option has been added to disable moving photos .
- OPModes added to fix EIS
- Accesses have been added in the drop-down menu to enable / disable AWB
- Saber ( codename for Super Resolution Zoom ), disabled on unsupported sensors
- Added an option to choose between Pixel 2, Pixel 3, IMX586 and IMX686 AWB
- Improved colors on Mi Note 10
- Added an option to disable synthetic fill flash
- Added an option to disable automatic night view in portraits and photos .
After the first tests, in this case on the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and POCO X3 NFC, the results favor the GCam 8.1 over the Stock Camera. Especially in HDR mode, this GCam adds a slightly more noticeable definition and more realistic or at least more colorful colors .
Broadly speaking, the greatest attraction of this GCam is found in the multitude of options it offers us , allowing us to squeeze the most out of our Xiaomi camera. We leave you some other tests:
Source | XDA-Developers
Via | Engadget