What to do if the Fire TV Stick remote control stops working It is not always enough to simply replace the batteries – sometimes you also have to reset your remote control. We explain what you can do.
If your Fire TV remote control no longer works, you should of course first make sure that the batteries still have sufficient charge – or that they may need to be replaced. If new batteries don't help, you should first try moving the Fire TV Stick closer to the remote control. If that doesn't help either, you can reset the Fire TV Stick remote control. It works like this.
Fire TV: Reset Remote Control
- Hold down the Left, Menu, and Back buttons for ten seconds
- Now wait about a minute
- Now take the batteries out of the compartment on the Fire TV Stick
- Disconnect the Fire TV Stick from the power supply
- Wait another minute
- Press and hold the Home button on the remote for about 40 seconds
- Wait another minute for the process to end
Fire TV app as an alternative control option
If your Fire TV remote control is still not working properly, there is still another way to control the Fire TV Stick – via the official Fire TV app. You can download this free of charge from both the Play Store and the App Store . After installation, you can easily couple the app with your Fire TV Stick. To do this, both the smartphone and the Fire TV Stick must be in the same WiFi network. You can then easily operate your Fire TV Stick using the smartphone app.
If your Fire TV remote control no longer works after changing the battery and resetting, you can purchase a replacement remote control from your trusted dealer. Make sure to purchase an original remote control, as there are also a number of models from other suppliers that can cause problems.
- First, check whether you just need to insert new batteries.
- If new batteries don't help, reset the Fire TV remote.
- Alternatively, you can download the official Fire TV app for your smartphone and use it to control the Fire TV Stick.