Accidentally deleted one of your painstakingly compiled playlists on Spotify? We explain how you can restore a Spotify playlist.
The good news right at the start: Spotify automatically creates backups of the playlists you create. So if you've accidentally deleted one of your playlists, it's easy to get it back.
Recover Spotify Playlist: Step-by-Step Guide
- Log into your account in the desktop version of Spotify and go to the account page .
- Click on "Restore Playlist" in the menu on the left.
- Click on "Restore" on the playlist you want to get back.
- Open Spotify. The restored playlist should be at the bottom of your playlist collection.
Trick 17: use keyboard shortcuts
If you have accidentally deleted a title or playlist, you can quickly undo this on the computer with a keyboard shortcut. The keyboard shortcuts are as follows:
If you accidentally delete a track (or playlist), you can undo it instantly with a keyboard shortcut. Depending on your operating system, press the following key combination:
- Mac: Ctrl + Z
- Windows: Ctrl + Shift + Z
What to do if a playlist is not restored
If you do not see a restored Spotify playlist, you should first check whether you may have created the list with a different account. So log in to the account in which you originally created the playlist. If you are not sure whether you have another account with Spotify, you can find more information on the streaming service here.
You may not have saved your music in a playlist, but in a different location in the Spotify app. Alternatively, look for example in the library under "Songs".
- Deleted playlists can often be restored very easily on Spotify.
- To do this, you have to log into your Spotify account on the desktop website and click on "Restore playlist" on the left of the account page.
- Alternatively, keyboard shortcuts can be used to restore: Ctrl + Z (Mac) or Ctrl + Shift + Z (Windows).
- If restoring does not work: Check whether the playlist was created in a different Spotify account or whether the songs were saved in the library under "Songs".