MIUI usually has a fairly aggressive management of the use of RAM . In order to have enough memory for other apps in use or simply to improve battery consumption, Xiaomi's personalization layer deactivates or closes the applications in the background .
Although in itself, this management can have great advantages, the truth is that it is usually quite counterproductive in certain cases. For example, if we use Mi Fit to connect our Xiaomi Mi Band 5 or any other app to synchronize our smartwatch and we do not keep it always active in the background, it will no longer link correctly with our wearable.
That is why blocking and maintaining applications in the background on our Xiaomi is essential for the expected operation. Next we will show you how to block and always keep an application active in MIUI.
Prevent background applications from closing on your Xiaomi
We already have a Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO, to prevent the applications from closing in the background , the steps to follow are the following:
- Access multitasking, either through the navigation button or through gestures (swipe from the bottom to the top).
- Press and hold the application that we want to block so that it always stays in the background.
- Click on the padlock icon.
In this way, we will be able to keep the applications in the background . In addition, so that they never close, it is convenient to make the following adjustments:
- Go to Settings> Battery and performance
- Once inside we will click on the upper gear icon and we will go to « Battery saving in applications «.
- After that we will look for the application that we do not want to close, click on it and select " No restrictions ".
With this we will be ensuring that the battery saver does not restrict the use of the application and therefore never closes.