On September 4th, Tony Hawk and his skater colleagues finally make halfpipes and roads unsafe again in "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2". To celebrate the release of the remake, we are launching a competition with a strictly limited "THPS Boombox" worth several thousand euros. What you have to do for it? Create your own skateboard trick. Join now!
Don't worry: you don't have to be a professional skater to take part in the competition. You don't even have to be able to skateboard. Rather, it's about getting creative and using clever tricks to create the illusion of a cool skateboard move.
A limited "THPS" boombox worth several thousand euros to be won
The exclusive "THPS Boombox" has enough power to fill a skate field with sound. Image: © Activision 2020
You can win the "THPS Boombox" made from skateboards. And of course, handmade also means: strictly limited . There are only a few copies worldwide – and one could soon be yours. The value: several thousand euros .
It is a Bluetooth 5.0 speaker system from the French audio expert Focal. The box consists of two broadband speakers with an output of 200 watts each and a subwoofer with an output of 50 watts. So enough power to fill the skate field with sound!
The massive speaker system weighs a total of 30 kilograms and is 60 centimeters wide, 53 centimeters high and 26 centimeters deep. It has a high-quality lithium-ion battery that is designed for more than 1,000 charging cycles. Depending on the volume settings, the battery lasts for 8 to 30 hours of music.
We hope you enjoy inventing your own skateboarding tricks.
Surf tip: "THPS" website
Conditions of participation for the "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2" competition
Here are the conditions to enter the competition:
- Design and name a fancy skateboard trick and show us a video of it. How you do that is up to you. For example, you can use stop-motion techniques or create the illusion of your own trick through clever video editing. The move doesn't even have to look particularly spectacular, but it does have to be original.
- A real skateboard is not necessarily required to record the video. You can also use a fingerboard or make a skateboard. Just surprise us.
- The length of the video should be between 10 and 45 seconds.
- Post your video using the hashtag # TricksLikeTony and #TURNON on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- The deadline for entries is September 30th.
- The sender of the best trick will receive the "THPS Boombox" as a prize. We present more good tricks in a best-of.
- Here you can find the conditions of participation for the competition.