In the last several of the most popular Xiaomi smartphones have been receiving the Global version of MIUI 12 . Still, not all users have received this update , leaving it in doubt if they will receive it soon or if there really is a problem in their devices.
Regarding this, if you are one of those users who have seen how their terminal does not finish receiving the expected update to MIUI 12 while others, having the same ROM if they have , you should continue reading this article.
And it is that below we will describe two small "tricks" that in most cases end up working and making your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO receive that long-awaited update that seemed to never come.
What to do if your Xiaomi does not update to MIUI 12
In general, most updates as important as the MIUI 12 update are usually staggered . That is why on many occasions some users receive this update before others.
Still, there are some tricks such as changing our region Xiaomi . With this we will force the search for new updates, not only in the same region but also probably on another server. For this we only have to carry out the following steps:
- go to Settings> Additional settings> Region
- Once inside we will change our region for a different one.
- After that we will re-establish our real region
In this way, we will force to a certain extent the search for new updates and the notification of these. If you still do not receive the update to MIUI 12 that should have reached you, another way is to activate this MIUI option that very few know:
- Go to Settings> My device (On the phone)> System updates
- Once inside, click on the three points in the top menu and access "Update settings".
- Then we just have to activate the option "Receive updates before".
After this, we will be ready to receive in advance the new updates that Xiaomi launches for our Xiaomi, thus prioritizing the notification of these in our terminal
Is MIUI 12 really available for our Xiaomi?
Finally, if with neither of these two tricks we have received the update to MIUI 12, it is very likely that the problem is due to the fact that it is not yet available for our ROM. And it is that, within the Global ROM of MIUI there is properly the Global and also the European or EU / EEA:
- MIUI Global (MI) : It is the one that comes installed in our Xiaomi if we buy it in a global version outside Europe. For example, if we buy it from China or Latin America. Its nomenclature does differ because it contains the letters «MI».
- European MIUI (EU) : It is the one that comes installed in our Xiaomi if we buy it in Spain or Europe. Its nomenclature does differ because it contains the letters "EU". It is also known as the EEA version.
In short, if in any of the ways described above you receive MIUI 12, even though we have verified that it is already available for your smartphone, we can only recommend waiting and having patience . As we said, Xiaomi usually deploys each new version in a staggered way so you could be the next to receive it.