In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, money grows on trees – if you know how to plant a money tree! Here you will find everything to easily harvest your sternis.
You pick apples and cherries in "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" for the Nintendo Switch right at the beginning of the game. You can also get money bags from the green crown of a money tree – you may have seen such a plant on a friend's island.
Step by step to your own money tree
How to plant a money tree:
- Look for a flashing spot on the bottom of your island. There is one of these spots on your island every day.
- Equip the shovel and dig a hole on the stain. You will find a sack with 1,000 stars. Nice, but not the most important thing about this campaign – it is more important that the hole shines and a money tree can grow in it.
- To do this, create a Sterni money bag in your inventory. Select your Sterni fortune and determine what amount you want to convert into a money bag.
- Then select the money bag and tap "Burying". You are now burying the sack in the glowing hole in the earth. Important: The amount of sternis that you put in the money bag also determines the content of the money bags that you can harvest. More on this in the next section.
- Wait a few days for the tree to grow and bear "fruit". Then you can harvest the money bags. A money tree always carries three sacks.
After harvesting, the money tree turns into a normal tree – it does not bear fruit a second time.
© Nintendo / 2020
Look for such a flashing spot.
© Nintendo / 2020
Dig a hole and bury a Sterni sack.
Probabilities in money trees
The money trees in "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" sprout different amounts of sternis – depending on how much wealth you are burying in the glowing hole. According to "Animal Crossing" -Fanwiki , the system works as follows:
- If you bury a money sack with 100 to 1,000 stars, three sacks will grow on the money tree with the same amount that you have buried – so you triple the amount.
- If you bury a money bag with 2,000 to 9,000 stars, there is a 70 percent chance that you will harvest three bags with only 1,000 stars each. The bags contain a 30 percent probability of the amount buried.
- If you dig 1,000 to 99,000 sternis (the maximum), there is a 70 percent chance that you will get three sacks with only 10,000 sternis each. With a probability of 30 percent, the bags each contain the amount buried.
With higher buried amounts there is always a certain risk of not getting everything back.
Planting a money tree: what is the ideal amount?
You can make the most profit if you always bury bags with 10,000 sternis: this way you will definitely get 20,000 additional sternis. If you bury 30,000 Sternis, you have a chance to triple, but you can also land with zero profit. If you bury more than 30,000 Sternis, you risk losses.
- Money trees in Animal Crossing: New Horizons carry Sterni sacks that you can harvest.
- To plant a money tree, bury a Sterni sack in a glowing spot in the ground and wait a few days.
- The more sternis you bury, the higher the possible yield. However, the risk of harvesting less than you have sown also increases.