More and more websites are asking us if they can send us notifications. It can get annoying quickly. We'll tell you how to get rid of the notifications and the questions afterwards.
Surfing the net has become noticeably less annoying in recent years. Pop-up advertising – previously found on almost every page – has become quite rare. Something else has now taken its place. We're talking about website notifications.
More and more websites ask us via pop-up the first time they visit if they can send us notifications. That alone is annoying. It gets even more annoying if you accidentally click on "Allow". Then you have to deactivate the notifications again. We'll show you how to do it.
Disable Chrome notifications on PC and Mac
- Open the browser menu in Chrome using the three-dot button at the top right
- Select "Settings" and then click on "Advanced" in the window
- Then click on "Privacy and Security" and then on "Website Settings"
- Scroll down to the sub-item "Notifications", click on it and then scroll down again to the websites and services for which notifications are permitted
- Now select the website for which you want to deactivate the notifications and select the "Block" option in the "Notification" field
Open the browser menu and go to "Settings" …
… click on "Advanced" and "Privacy and Security" …
… then choose the "Website Settings" …
… and then click on "Notifications".
Always switch off Chrome banking instructions completely
If you are annoyed by the constant asking of the websites whether they can send you notifications, you can also switch off the function completely.
- Open the Chrome browser menu
- Go to "Settings" and then click on "Advanced"
- Select "Privacy and Security" and then "Website Settings"
- Now scroll to the sub-item "Notifications" and click on it
- Then deactivate the slider on the menu page for "Ask before sending (recommended)"
Disable Chrome notifications on Android
- Open the browser menu
- Tap on the "Settings" sub-item
- Open the menu item "Notifications" and deactivate the slider
With just a few steps you can turn off website notifications on Android.
Disable notifications from individual websites on Android
- Use Chrome to go to the website whose notifications you want to block
- Open the browser menu
- Tap the "i" icon in the menu navigation bar
- Then choose "Website Settings"
- Revoke permission to send notifications if the site has them