In "Red Dead Redemption 2", the white Arab is one of the best horses you can get for free and at a relatively early date. Find out where to find the elite horse and how to tame it in our guide.
The best friend of the Outlaw is his horse and therefore you should get a reliable horse in "Red Dead Redemption 2" as early as possible. This should not only have a lot of stamina, but also bring along pace properly and in a small shootout do not fold right away.
The white Arab has exactly these characteristics. Why he is so good and how you make him your mount, you will learn now.
Why are Arabs the best horses in Red Dead Redemption 2?
The Rose-Gray-Brown Arab is the best horse in "Red Dead Redemption 2". But: He is relatively late available and quite expensive ..
All horses in "Red Dead Redemption 2" are divided into the categories riding horse, racehorse, draft horse, workhorse and warhorse. The peculiarity of Arabs is that they belong to their own category called Überlegen . Furthermore, they have the highest value in the category maneuverability: Elite .
The white Arab may not be the best horse in Red Dead Redemption 2, but he is the best horse you can get in the game relatively early and especially free. The undisputed best horse is the rose moldy brown Arab. This can shine with the following values:
- Health: 7
- Stamina: 7
- Speed: 6
- Acceleration: 6
With the right saddle and stirrup, these values can even be increased to 10/10/8/8. But now the big drawback to the Rosenschimmelbraunen Arabs: It is offered only after Chapter 6 in the stables and costs a whopping 1250 dollars. So he is not an option for the early phase of the game.
Therefore, you should definitely tame a white Arab
Anyone who does a good job can tame this magnificent and strong horse from Chapter 2 onwards.
The White Arab in "Red Dead Redemption 2" may not be as good as his rose-blue relative, but he has the best scores you can get right at the beginning of the game:
- Health: 5
- Stamina: 5
- Speed: 6
- Acceleration: 6
With close bondage and good saddle and stirrup you can even increase these values to 8/8/8/8. By contrast, most horses in "Red Dead Redemption 2" look old.
The best thing about white Arabs is that you can tame them in Chapter 2 already. All you need to do is complete the "Step Down, Head Down" mission and have access to the stables.
Here you can find the white Arab & so you tame him
Your stock Horseshoe Overlook is located in Chapter 2 at the circled position. The white Arab can be found northwest of it, at Lake Isabella (red cross).
The white Arab can be found on the west side of Lake Isabella. The horse is a loner and quite shy. Before you dare to tame it, you should cache it for safety's sake. Because: Once the horse has disappeared into the wild, it is not so easy to find again.
Here are some useful tips for successful taming:
- Pack your winter clothes because Lake Isabella is pretty cold.
- Search on the west side of the lake from afar for the white Arab. As soon as you see the horse, approach it carefully in a crouched position. Hold down the L2 or LT key.
- Pay attention to the bottom right of the screen. Call the horse with the square or X button as soon as the option becomes available.
- Approach yourself very carefully, still holding down the shoulder button. Bottom right should now appear a bar. This must never fall to zero, otherwise the horse flees. Therefore, whenever you have the opportunity, press the square or X button to calm down the white Arab.
- If you are close enough to the horse, press the triangle or Y button to sit up. Now you must not throw yourself off.
- In each case, press the left analog stick in the opposite direction to the horse's direction of motion to calm it down. If the horse rears up, you push the analogue stick backwards.
- Do this until the white Arab calms down and the message appears that the horse has been tamed. Now you can ride the horse for a while or pet it to increase the bond.
- When the message appears that your bond has increased, you can summon your previous horse and lay his saddle on the white Arab.