The new Dark Mode of Xiaomi allows us to darken the entire MIUI interface, improve sight rest and make it easier to read. Apart, if our mobile terminal has an AMOLED type screen we will get an extra battery saving because in this type of panels, the black color is achieved by turning off the certain pixels on the screen to represent it.
Undoubtedly, this new mode brings a large number of benefits to our mobile device , something that Xiaomi has understood and since its introduction has been taking little by little to its wide range of smartphones, especially those that have a screen with a panel AMOLED.
So you can activate the dark mode on your Xiaomi device
Although for now the Dark Mode of Xiaomi is only available in a small part of your smartphones, with this little trick you can enable it in a fairly simple way l carrying out the following steps.
1. First of all we will have to prepare our mobile device. For this it is necessary to have a linked Mi.com account , the active SIM card and activate the developer options . Once activated, we will activate USB Debugging and USB Debugging (Security settings) .
- If you still do not have access to the developer options, just access the Settings ⇒ About phone / My device application and touch 7 times on the " MIUI version " option. In this simple way we will have access to the various options that integrate this mode
2. Next we will download and install the appropriate drivers so that our computer recognizes the mobile device. For this, if you no longer have them you must access the Windows Device Manager and update the mobile drivers using this file . (You can follow this official Android tutorial to complete the process)
3. Once we have everything ready, we will connect our smartphone to the computer to later execute the file cmd-here.exe that we have downloaded in the previous step.
4. Finally, depending on what we want to do, we will type or copy the following code in the console:
- Activate Dark Mode:
- adb shell settings set secure ui_night_mode 2
- Deactivate Dark Mode:
- adb shell settings set secure ui_night_mode 1
- Dark Mode in automatic:
- adb shell settings set secure ui_night_mode 0
In this way we will see in our smartphone a new settings that will allow us to deactivate and activate the Dark Mode very easily . A great alternative that in addition to showing a darkened interface, will favor the rest of our sight.
Source | XDA-Developers