"Dauntless" features a crossplay feature that allows players on different platforms and consoles to hunt behemoths together. How to organize shared games with your friends over PC, PS4 and Xbox One, you can read here.
Crossplay is still a rarity. Especially between PS4 and Xbox One the players of online games usually stay strictly separated. Thanks to "Fortnite" a little something has changed here – and now also "Dauntless" offers cross-platform games. You do not even have to set it up – it works fully automatically.
Crossplay is enabled by default in "Dauntless". Matchmaking with other players will automatically take into account all platforms. If you're a PC player, you'll end up in groups with PS4 and Xbox gamers and vice versa. Incidentally, you can see on which platform a player is playing by the small symbol next to his name.
Unmatched as rare: Players on PS4 and Xbox One play together in "Dauntless".
Necessary step for console players: link Epic account
The prerequisite is that all players have an Epic account with which they log in to the game. Console players must link their console accounts to their Epic account. There is help on the official website of the game.
Without an epic account you can not play "Dauntless" anyway. If you have ever played "Fortnite" on your console, you probably already made the link.
Add "Dauntless" friends for crossplay
To play "Dauntless" with friends, you must first add them to your friends list. Open the "Online Friends" menu, which will be displayed on the left side of the screen. Go to "Add Friends" and enter the Epic username of the friend you want to play with.
To open the menu on the left side of the screen press "O" (on the PC), the touchpad (on PS4) or "View" on the Xbox One.
The username on PS4 and Xbox One is not the PSN name or the Xbox Gamertag, but the name of the Epic account associated with the PlayStation or Xbox account. On the PC, the Epic name is the name that the player uses to log in to the Epic Store.
Start common hunt
If the friend request has been sent and accepted, the player appears under the "Epic Friends" tab in your list. Select up to three players from the list and click "Invite to Group". Suppose you are in a hunting party together – no matter what platforms you play on. The group leader (the player who sent the invitations) can now choose a hunt and you can kill behemoths together. Good Hunting!
With a well-rehearsed troupe, this fight would certainly be more relaxed …
Cross-Save & Cross-Buy
In addition to crossplay, "Dauntless" also offers cross-save and cross-buy as standard features.
- Cross-Save means that your game progress is saved platform independent. So you can for example play a round on the Xbox, then continue to gamble on the PS4 and finally go on the PC on the hunt.
- Cross-Buy means that your purchased game currency, skins, hunting pass or other content will also be stored centrally. For example, you can buy game currency in the PlayStation store and then spend it on other platforms.
This is possible because all progress is tied to your Epic account, which is linked to the different platforms. You do not have to activate these features.
Crossplay also on Nintendo Switch & Mobile?
Currently "Dauntless" is available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. In the winter of 2019 but also a version for the Nintendo Switch appear, which should also bring full support for cross-play, cross-save and cross-buy. A mobile version for iOS and Android devices is planned, but there is no more detailed information.
"Fortnite" also supports on the Nintendo Switch Crossplay, "Dauntless" should make it similar soon.
- Cross-platform play between PC, PS4 and Xbox One is turned on by default in "Dauntless". The important thing is that all players have an Epic account and have possibly linked it to their console accounts. That is for playing the game but anyway a prerequisite.
- To play with friends, add them to your friends list. For that you have to search her in the friend menu via her epic name.
- Then you can invite them into groups and make joint hunts.
- Because Crossplay runs through the linked Epic account, cross-save and Cross-Buy are also enabled by default.
- The planned versions for Nintendo Switch and mobile devices should support Crossplay, Cross-Save and Cross-Buy.