Fix your bluetooth Headset!
Have you ever accidentally busted the "ear bud" part of your bluetooh headset off and thought well crap have to go buy a new one. Well here is a litle trick to repair it good as new! In just a few minutes I was able to fix my BlueAnt Q1.
- Super Glue
- An old ear bud head set you don't mind destroying (pick one that has the size buds that fit your ear and are comforatable).
Instuctions and pictures after the jump:
- Smooth the broken secition as necessary to ensure a nice tight fit.
- Pull off the rubber bud, and using a small needle nose pliars carefully remove the front cap, it kind of looks like a space capsule. On my old set of blackberry headphones I had to remove the rear first.
- pull out all speaker, foil and any wires, you only want the empty shell.
- Test fit the bud cap on your broken headset, make any adjustments necsessary.
- Use some superglue to attache the bud cap to the headset, try and line it up as close as you can.
- After it drys put the rubber bud on, and test fit it in your ear, then why not give it a try?
After my repair the unit sounded better than new, I guess having a nice noise isolating bud helps.